Monday, December 27, 2010

And A Little Bit of Lace, Too...

Not wishing to be caught idle over the Christmas break, I decided to forage about the internet for a crochet lace collar pattern - to make something for myself, for a change, and as research for Granny Funk's own soon-to-be-invented crochet collar design. Here's what I made:

You can find the pattern for this collar at The Ongoing Project blog - have a look at the beautiful deep pink they've used there. It's a nice one. I've worked mine in a thicker cotton than they recommend - Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply cotton, creating a chunkier version. I've also used the pointed-edge variation of the pattern. I'm planning to design one of my own soon - probably with varying sizes of points/scallops.



Happy holidays!

x Granny Funk

9 comments:

  1. I am awarding you the stylish blogger award!
    To pick it up there are a couple of things you need to do -check out my blog post
    here: http://littlebirdinabeehive.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern has been taken down on the original cite. Any chance you could post it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to find it too...can you please please please post it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing both Anonymous posters.... I'm looking for the pattern, but the original blog has gone private and I can't find the pattern anywhere. Any chance you could post it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have this pattern too.. beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey all! That's a real bummer! But if the author has made it private I'll have to respect their choice. I'll see if I can get in touch and ask for permission though!

    ReplyDelete